Tuesday, October 21, 2008

'In charge of the Senate'

Wait, whoa…hold on a sec; where's that copy of the U.S. Constitution? Ah! Here it is:

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided.
That doesn't sound like "in charge" to me. I mean, I have friends who wield more power than that when they decree that, since it's their car, they choose the radio station, even if they're not the one driving.

So, has Sarah Palin even read the Constitution? I mean, that little job description is, you know, kind of in Article I; including the Preamble, it's only 10 paragraphs in. I mean, true, nine of those paragraphs are pretty long and boring descriptions of how the House of Representatives and the Senate are supposed to work, but it's not like this is some kind of twist ending.

Is it too much to hope that, once this gets pointed out to Gov. Palin, she'll decide she doesn't want the job? Maybe even, I don't know? Shut up and go home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I not mention how much I LOLed at this post at the time? Maybe I was election-ed out. But yeah.