Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of the reasons…

…I love The Onion is because their jokes so often perfectly mirror my own interior monologue. For instance:

It's Okay, I'm Attractive | The Onion - America's Finest News Source:

"Behold! My radiance is gently glowing like the soft light of the moon, drawing awe and admiration from everything it casts its light on. I'm paying attention to you. Yes, to little, less-attractive you. Doesn't that feel good, knowing that I am not only in the same room as you, but that I'm also acknowledging your existence momentarily? I'll bet it feels great. After all, this sort of thing doesn't happen to you every day. So what say we settle the pesky little matter of you not bowing to my every whim?

Pretty please?"

That "little, less-attractive" person being addressed? Yup, that's me. Stick me in a room with a pretty woman and watch me cave. See if I don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a confession. I have iGoogle set up to give me my RSS feeds, and the skin I've been using ... somehow prevents the RSS feeds from being updated. So I hadn't actually seen this til I thought, "I wonder why Glassrope hasn't said much lately?" And dropped by. And realised you had. I give up on iGoogle, because even removing the skin I have the same problem. Apologies! I hereby resolve to visit more often, just on the off chance!

And "cave" if you're in a room with a pretty girl? I don't quite know how you mean that, but seriously - you're a very smart, eloquent, attractive guy with a great sense of humour. You've no reason to "cave", in any sense of the word.

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor little abandoned blog, all by its lonesome.. stop neglecting it!