Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Well, so much for adulthood...

I don't know why I did it, but I did:



Yup, I bought a reprint of my absolute favorite Iron Maiden T-shirt. Twenty bucks, that I really can't afford, delivered right to my door from '80s Tees.

I've told various friends that I've turned my back on adulthood (why does that always sound like a-dullt-hood or a-dolt-hood to me?) or that I'm regressing to age 15. Honestly, I think that, as much as I meant them to be smart-ass comments, the sentiment might be true. I feel like I'm failing as a responsible adult and, quite honestly, I just don't care. I want very much to embrace the house/kids/car/401-k/medical insurance thing, but I don't even know how to begin.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn a lighthearted post into some kind of personal revelation-thing. I was really excited when I got the shirt; it literally made my day much, much better!

But I'm awfully tired. More tired than I think a 34-year-old should be, y'know?

No comments: