Friday, August 22, 2008

I have escaped Elba

Whew!

I'm back, finally. Sorry about the delay in posting (and for the fact that this will be an exceeding brief post), but I overslept and missed my flight from San Francisco on Sunday morning and, in the panicked dash to gather up all my gear, get to the airport and beg the airline to get me on any flight that came even remotely near home, I left the power cord for my laptop behind. Since I've had less than no money the entire week, I had to wait until today (payday) to pick up a replacement. Which I've obviously done.

So, expect a more robust San Francisco post this evening, replete with pictures.

I will offer this nugget of wisdom I unearthed on my trip: No situation has ever inspired panic quite like waking up three hours late and 2,000 miles from home.

Luckily, I knew where my towel was. And who my friends are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe.. Elba? I didn't realise you had ye olde "short man" complex ;-)

Sorry to hear you had such a stressful experience (and sorry for being so slow to comment!) - glad you're home safe and sound, though - now get on with the picture posting!