Thursday, October 02, 2008

My annual test sharing

OK, I hardly ever bother to share these things because, honestly, who cares? However, this one is funny:

Your result for Test Your Ideal Role in a Rock Band...

Rhythm Guitarist

6 Talent, 8 Energy and -2 Charisma!

Damn, so close! You get to play the guitar, but not the solos! What a crappy fate, you think. Really? Crappy? So you're saying that your average AC/DC fan has wet dreams about all those 4-minute guitar solos, but they never really feel like hearing the intro to Back in Black? Nooooo, rock is as much about riffs as about solos! And riffs are good for jumping around to! The worst guitar nerds will walk away from the gig replaying good solos in their heads, but it's your massive stage presence and rock hard riffs that will make any normal fan come back again and again. Because they admire the lead guitarist and like the singer, but it's you that they love!

Take Test Your Ideal Role in a Rock Band at HelloQuizzy

See…I am a rhythm guitarist! Or, at least, that's what I've been in every band I've played in, and it's all I've every wanted to be. (Although I prefer playing the intro to "Highway to Hell," but that's because I prefer Bon Scott AC/DC to Brian Johnson AC/DC.)

So, there you have it. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" for a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe any true fan knows it's pronounced "Acka Dacka"! ;-) Least that's what they're known as back home :D

Anonymous said...

What can I say? They're an Aussie icon ;-)