Monday, November 20, 2006

Come on, already!

So...I called MCG's HR department to get final word concerning this jobby thing. First, I talked to one person in "Employment" who put me through to another person in "Classification" (and what the hell does that mean?) who took my name and number and told me she'd call me once she'd talked to someone over in "Employment" about the position.

Normally, if I was getting this kind of runaround in a customer service situation, I'd've gotten very pissed. Since I want this job, I was unfailingly polite. But, Jeebus, Marv and Joanna, people! Let me off the damn hook one way or another, would you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the waiting game. No matter how confident you are after the interview, each day without word erodes that feeling. Then, if I don't get the job, I move straight into resentment. I was too good to work for those fruitbats anyway....I guess that's how you rebuild.

Anyway, though Chris and Kate tell me you are OK and they had a fun time when you visited - you should get in touch with that Special (yes, in that way)girl in DC.
Ciao-C

Anonymous said...

Yeah. waiting game ftl, my friend.

That's how I am about my injury - not so much waiting for it to improve, but waiting to see how much worse I'll make it when I go back to work :(

jason