Monday, April 09, 2001

twitch news…

I know, I know…I'm slack & haven't updated since last Wednesday. But I can explain…

Dial-up access really sucked for me, so I signed up for some speedy cable access. This, of course, meant getting cable TV, which in turn meant that my old TV had to go, because…well, it sucked. So Thursday afternoon, my usual update time, was spent waiting for the cable guy to arrive (which took for@#$%ing ever, I tell you!), then going out to get a new TV, then…well, watching it. So, no update.

Friday was the day for the internet access installation. This didn't take as much time as the TV installation, but I was hampered by the fact that my only monitor at home is now a 14" Magnavox which only supports a 640x480 pixel resolution! So, I couldn't even LOOK at my own page, much less update it very well. Plus, I've never had high-speed internet at home, so I got kinda caught up in it. Luckily, my new monitor is on it's way, so I should be fully up & running very, very soon!

Mini-monitor news…

Speaking of small monitors, I only found two sites that translate back into the admittedly anachronistic 640x480 size, & I wanted to send out my congratulations to both the designers for setting up such versatile pages:

• waferbaby: daniel just @#$%in' rocks anyway. Clean layout, frequent updates, awesome content. This is the Platonic ideal of a blog to which all lesser blogs (for instance, mine!) merely aspire.

• Fontalicious Fonts: Ben Balvanz consistently makes the hippest fonts on the web, & does it all because he loves it! Look around on his page…no ads, & no fee for his work! & his use of bright, websafe colors definitely influenced me here!

No comments: