Monday, September 08, 2008

Ratted out

Well, I was going to let it slide by without saying anything, but Ombra ratted me out in her comment for my last post.

So, yes, today is my birthday. I'm 38. Which, frankly, is a lot older than I ever planned on being.

I know that sounds horrible, but hear me out on this: I'm not saying I'm unhappy with my life (I'm not), or that I thought I'd be dead by now, I'm just saying that I never planned for being almost-40.

It's kind of like when you go to a party but you're not really in the mood for a party. You plan to say "Hi" to a couple folks, hang out a bit, be sociable, then split at the earliest polite opportunity. Those are your plans, dig? The way you figure it's going to happen.

But the party's great and, before you know it, the sun's coming up and you don't really want to go home, but you're not sure what you want to do because you'd planned on being in bed around midnight.

So…uh, yeah. Life's like a really horrible analogy. I guess.

Anyway, here's what people who believe that lights in the sky know more about my life than I do have to say about today being my birthday:

IF SEPTEMBER 8 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY: The world is your oyster for the next several weeks, so embrace new people and ideas—and bask in unqualified admiration. All this popularity, however, does not mean you can afford to shirk duties or ignore commitments. If you want to embark on crucial changes, such as a new job or a move, wait until the end of October or beginning of November. That is when you will have the best judgment and most help from the universe that may come in the form of wise counsel and assistance from others. Take care of nagging problems with your health or home while conditions are optimum.
New people! New ideas! Embraces! Unqualified admiration and (dare I say it?) popularity!

Wow. The stars obviously don't know me very well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Kat said...

Have a good one! :)

Unknown said...

ha HA!!! Happy Birthday to you! And the world is your oyster... excellent! even better!

I know what you mean, though, I sometimes stand in front of my class full of 19 year olds and wonder how so much time has passed so quickly.