Tuesday, September 18, 2007

After famously needing an editor…

…Robert Jordan has, himself, been edited out of the world:

James Oliver Rigney Jr. - Obituary - New York Times

James Oliver Rigney Jr., a prolific author who under the pseudonym Robert Jordan wrote the “Wheel of Time” series, a best-selling multivolume fantasy saga, died on Sunday in Charleston, S.C. He was 58 and lived in Charleston.

Now, I will admit that I've never read any of the "Wheel of Time" books. However, I do have very smart and dear friends who have and have grown increasingly disappointed with the lengthy, rambling, discursive, apocryphal and undisciplined approach Jordan took to his novels.

So the good news is: no more shitty "Wheel of Time" novels. The bad news, of course, is that the whole damn thing will never be finished. Ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count me amongst those who loved the first few WoT books, but gave up after book seven. I'm saddened to learn of his death, though :-(