Saturday, September 15, 2007

Whew…

Okay, the date went fine. We headed down to Augusta to the Arts in the Heart festival. We had a couple drinks, talked a bit, caught most of Camouflage Spaceship's show, came back to Aiken, ate sushi, hung out at the park talking and listening to music for a bit, then I took her home.

Will we go out again? Most definitely. Is this a budding romance? Er…yeah, well, I don't know about that. There was a connection there, but I'm not sure it's a romantic connection.

And, honestly, I'm okay with that. We'll see where just hanging out and being friends gets us. I, for one, can always use more friends.

You want details? Sorry, those are the details, such as they are.

However, I do have some questions about a few things. Some of you, loyal readers, may be getting emails from me. Tomorrow, though. Tonight I'm sleepy.

Ooooo, how opaque, no? I always aim to intrigue and please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, as much as I don't miss Aiken, that park means so much to me. Glad you guys had a nice time!

Melanie said...

I'm glad it went well! I think you have the right attitude of nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I'm reminded of something E sent in his first email to me,

"...it would be fun, I think, to exchange lively correspondence, e-mail or otherwise- Exploring one another's brains at a distance being better than not being able to explore at all...Or, maybe you'd rather NOT explore one another at all. If the last case is true, accept this e-mail and its sincere compliments as a fragrant floral offering at the shrine of your awesomeness!"

The generosity and warmth he showed here made me reconsider my position on exchanging emails with a long-distance person. Surely, your openness to accepting whatever your date has to offer will reward you one way or another. :)