Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's Friday somewhere

Let us, for the moment, pretend that we are in Dublin. That way, I can do my Friday Shuffle on Friday.
  1. "Turn It Out" - Jurassic 5
  2. "Heaven Is In Your Mind" - Traffic
  3. "It's Expected I'm Gone" - Minutemen
  4. "River Man" - Nick Drake
  5. "New Sensation" - INXS
  6. "Two Beads At the End" - Minutemen
  7. "#1 Hit Song" - Minutemen
  8. "Two At A Time" - Guster
  9. "Bryter Layter" - Nick Drake
  10. "Love & Communication" - Cat Power
  11. "Can't Stand It" - Wilco
  12. "Section 14 (Two Thousand Places)" - The Polyphonic Spree
  13. "Fly" - Nick Drake
  14. "Jesus Christ Pose" - Soundgarden
  15. "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" - Weezer
All right, my little 2-gig iPod, I'm calling you out! You play favorites, little iPod! J'Accuse!

Seriously, as much as I like the Minutemen, I only have three songs by them on my iPod. How many did it play? All three!

Oh, well, whatever. I'll quit bitching about my iPod. Even if it did play the one Weezer song, besides "Only In Dreams", that makes me feel genuinely sad.

So, you ask, what's up with the Friday Shuffle done on Dublin time? Well, you remember how I said that, during my vacation, I'd only be travelling if a miracle occurred? Such a miracle (named Chris & Kate) has occurred and I am going to Aiken for the weekend.

Why?

Because I'm lonely, damn it. I've had a bad, dreary week and I need to go to ground for a bit before I face a week of solitary job-searching and substitute teaching.

Anyway, I won't be around tomorrow to do the shuffle thing. So I did it tonight. I'll post more when I get back.

As you can see from the tone of this post, I'm barely fit for human consumption. I appreciate you all even reading this far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you had a good weekend - you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

You were in Aiken? Well, let me know when you head back...maybe we could meet for coffee...Cliff