Monday, January 15, 2007

This isn't really very funny…

…but it is absurd enough that I'd like to call attention to it.

Nation's Gays Demand Right To Library Cards
"No one's preventing gays from using libraries—they're fully welcome to walk into them, browse all they want, and sit down and flip through any book they choose, even in the reference section," said Sen. Jim Bunning (R–KY), one of several conservative legislators who has vowed to draft a constitutional amendment that would define library book-lending as a contract between a library and a heterosexual reader. "But to issue them the same library cards as a regular American citizen would demean what our nation's library cards stand for.

"Is that the message we want to send our young readers?" Bunning added.
I would like to say, on this Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, 2007, that I am firmly in favor of homosexuals having full library borrowing rights.

Oh! They should be able to get married, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think anyone silly 'nuff to want to get married deserves the punishment they've brought upon themselves.

Wasn't it Lewis Grizzard who said: "Next time I'm thinking of getting married, I'll just find a woman I can't stand and buy her a house."?

~ jason