Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Recklessly...

...naked and running!

Yahoo News: Streaker Struck By Car During Celebrations
Gainesville police said a college student who was streaking on West University Avenue as the city partied in the hours after the Gators national championship victory was struck by a car after he ran into traffic.…

The student suffered a serious head injury and was rushed to Shands hospital in Gainesville, where he was in the trauma center.

GPD did not release the student's name.
Shame, really. That story would be much more tragic if the guy hadn't been…well, you know, naked.

On the job interview front: I went in. I was handed a pop quiz (short answer format) in which I had to write about my philosophies of teaching and learning, outline my discipline plan, highlight my strengths regarding the subject I would be teaching, discuss what I would do to connect with students individually, list those clubs and extra-curricular activities I would be willing to work with or sponsor and flat out state why I was the best candidate for the job. I interviewed. At the end of the interview I was told by the principal that he liked my answers to the quiz and that I had good presentation and that, if I hadn't heard from him by next Tuesday, I should call him. Then he gave me his card, said that while I was a strong candidate he had another interview tomorrow, but that he liked me quite a bit. We shook hands, and I split.

So, I am cautiously optimistic. I could hear something as early as tomorrow. I won't hear anything on Friday (a weather day, hence no school) or on Monday (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, hence no school).

I really feel very good about this interview and, as with all things like this, now that I've done it once, I have less trepidation about doing it again. So, if I don't get this position, I will not feel slighted and I won't be sad. I'll move on to the next interview, just like that.

How's that for weird? Not only do I feel good about the interview, but I feel good about not getting this job and getting an opportunity to go to the next job interview.

Who knew job interviews could be so exciting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you interviewed, go man, GO!!! I hope it works out, and you'll have a good time with it no matter what, I suspect.