Friday, January 26, 2007

Positive?

I know I've gone on record as saying that I want to be a less negative person, but today was the sort of day that it's impossible to be positive about. A good chunk of it I spent wishing I could crawl back into the ocean our multi-cellular ancestors worked so hard to escape. Then I got so angry I found myself trying to kill a person I'd never met from a distance of 300 miles using only my mind. Then I went and babysat my nephew, who's such a joy, a beautiful and innocent joy, that I felt a bit better.

Honestly, singing along to the Jack Johnson video for "Upside Down" on the Curious George DVD seemed to help. My nephew didn't care when I didn't know the melody and warbled out of tune.

I don't know. It's been too much of a roller coaster day to process it all. If it's okay with y'all, I'm just going to listen to some random music and crash. Things always look brighter in the morning, y'know?
  1. "Sometime to Return" - Soul Asylum
  2. "Hey Now!" - Oasis
  3. "Surrender" - Cheap Trick
  4. "Holidays In The Sun" - Sex Pistols
  5. "There's No Home for You Here" - The White Stripes
  6. "Eon Blue Apocalypse" - Tool
  7. "Wonderwall" - Oasis
  8. "Electric Avenue" - Eddy Grant
  9. "Lady Madonna" - The Beatles
  10. "All You Need Is Love" - The Beatles
  11. "Waiting Room" - Fugazi
  12. "Ashes Of American Flags" - Wilco
  13. "Love In Vain" - Robert Johnson
  14. "Novacane" - Beck
  15. "Revolution" - The Beatles

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comment at Ombra's was the funniest damned thing I've read all day - AudioSnob

John said...

Oh! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I would concur. I was thinking, I wish I'd been more pro-active, because filling her desk with little rubber frogs would have been hilarious. Missed opportunities...

Sorry your day was filled with emotional poo. I won't take that analogy any further.

John said...

See, O, that's what I like about you. Where I see opportunities for frankly criminal revenge fantasies, you see hilarious and reasonable pranks.

And, yeah, it was rather a toilet of a day. But it's cool. I'm zen.