Friday, December 08, 2006

Methodical shuffling

Egyptian Conservationists Fight To Protect Dwindling Mummy Population
Just a few years ago, the hillsides from Luxor to Giza would have been buzzing with the familiar sounds of tomb doors creaking open and bones snapping under the methodical shuffling of a slow, catatonic gait. But the telltale signs of Egypt's indigenous mummy population have fallen silent recently, and the fearsome creatures that once lurched freely across the Valley of the Kings are disappearing at an alarming rate.
Did I lawl? I did lawl. And then I lawled some more.

Speaking of methodical shuffling, it's time for the Friday iPod Shuffle! Fifteen songs, randomly chosen! Which will suck? Which will rock? You don't know? Well, I don't know either! Let's find out...right now!
  1. "Let's Roll" - Neil Young
  2. "My Morning Song" - The Black Crowes
  3. "I'm Affected" - The Ramones
  4. "In A Silent Way" - Miles Davis
  5. "Oh, Had I A Golden Thread" - Pete Seeger
  6. "Haunting & Heartbreaking" - Angelo Badalamenti
  7. "Friction" - Television
  8. "I Put A Spell On You" - Marilyn Manson
  9. "We Are The Champions" - Queen
  10. "Seven Steps To Heaven" - Miles Davis
  11. "Love Needs A Heart" - Jackson Browne
  12. "Drive My Car" - The Beatles
  13. "I Just Want To Have Something To Do" - The Ramones
  14. "Colony of Birchmen" - Mastodon
  15. "Lateralus" - Tool
Egads! That got sort of heavy there at the end.

Well, that's about all the content I've got in me right now. I've got a semi-thoughty blogpost percolating, but I'm still running it through in my head. I've started a draft of it, but I'm not even ready to keep working on it, just yet. So, rest assured that I am in good health and good spirits. Yesterday I got paid, and paid well, for my services over the Thanksgiving weekend, so I have money and have upgraded my diet from ramen noodles and frozen dinners to honest-to-god food. Now I just need to get all my Xmas shopping done and I'll be able to skate through the rest of the year. Yay, me!

Oh, almost forgot: if you've not seen The Squid and the Whale, I urge you to do so. It's a wonderfully idiosyncratic drama and I loved it. I imagine y'all might as well.

No comments: