Monday, December 11, 2006

Options, or not

Well, if stuff doesn't pick up and I get so sick of retail that I'd rather, I don't know, die or something, there's always this.
Many of the older recruits are looking for a lifestyle change.
I'm pretty goddamned sure they get that, man.

I mean, honestly, how desperate is the Army that it's recruiting those of us in our early middle age? And how desperate am I that I'm thinking about the benefits of the G.I. Bill? I mean, I actually looked up the website....

Wait a minute, I hate guns. And violence. And inflexible, hierarchical organizations. And having to shoot people. And being shot.

Well, at least I can't be drafted. Thank goodness for that, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lifestyle change? wha??? aren't there a bajillion otherwise to change your lifestyle??? yeeps!