Friday, December 29, 2006

On the fifth day of Christmas...

...my iPod played for me
Fifteen ran-dom soonnnngs!
  1. "The Number of the Beast" - Iron Maiden
  2. "Day Tripper" - The Beatles
  3. "Friction (Alternate Version)" - Television
  4. "Peggy's Blue Skylight" - Charles Mingus
  5. "Storm Coming" - Gnarls Barkley
  6. "This Is a Call" - Foo Fighters
  7. "Eleanor Rigby" - The Beatles
  8. "Divine Intervention" - Matthew Sweet
  9. "A Day In The Life" - The Beatles
  10. "Sweet Hitch-Hiker" - Creedence Clearwater Revival
  11. "Box Full of Letters" - Wilco
  12. "Flight of Icarus" - Iron Maiden
  13. "Jesus, Etc." - Wilco
  14. "Poor Places" - Wilco
  15. "Rosetta Stoned" - Tool
You know what? I'm not 100% sure my iPod understands what random means. I mean, three songs by The Beatles, three songs by Wilco (two off the same damn album! in a row!) and the obligatory Tool song toward the end. Oh well, I'm not complaining; hell, anybody who owns an iPod should think of the less fortunate and not complain about a whole bunch of stuff.

Anyway, you see this guy?



Oy, is that guy tired!

Seriously, though, I've pulled in a good bit of overtime in the past two weeks, so I'm beat. Luckily it looks as if the worst of the holiday frenzy has subsided, so I'll be getting back to normal here in the new year. Just in time for me to kick the teacher job search into overdrive. Plus, I decided to take my vacation (which just became available to me again) the week of January 21. Shy of a miracle, I will not be travelling this time. Instead, I will be taking the time to be free for interviews and so that I can use it before I get bumped down to part-time.

What's that, you say? Part-time?

Yeah...I'm planning on keeping my crappy retail job for a bit once I start teaching. Maybe work Sunday and a random weeknight. Why? Because...well, I could use the extra money. Plus, if I don't quit the job, I won't have to get re-hired come summertime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the sad thing is that most public school teachers have part time jobs, because the pay is crap. not fair!