Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sounds like Beth...

...has had enough of this shit.

TO: PETER CRISS; FROM: BETH.

Some highlights:
You say you and the boys just can't find the sound. Here: loud guitars and lots of people bellowing in a not particularly melodious way. There. Done. There's your "sound." You ain't Bowie.…

"Oh, Beth, what can I do?" you ask.… You can do this, Peter: Say, "I'm sorry, boys, I've got plans for this evening. Beth's parents are coming over and I need to impress upon them that playing in a band is a legitimate career.… You see, Beth's parents don't really understand rock-and-roll and still can't quite follow why their son-in-law finds it necessary to dress up as a kitty cat in order to play the drums. And why, they wonder, does this supposedly scary heavy-metal band have someone dressed up as a kitty cat?… Was he unable to figure out a teddy-bear or gumdrop-unicorn makeup pattern?"

In other news, today is my one day off this week, so I'm out and about getting shopping done and cards mailed and picking up provisions for my Xmas feast. The rest of the week will be long and busy, so if you don't see me: Happy Holidays to you!

No comments: