Tuesday, December 19, 2006

NERDVANA!

Oh, my god! Oh my god! Oh my god oh my godohmygodohmygod oh! My! God!

War Dogs Game Center

This place just relocated within walking distance of my apartment! A game store! I can, without driving, get back into tabletop gaming again! Hooray! Hooray! HooRAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

I was so excited, and grateful, that I actually bought something I shouldn't have. But, my grandfather sent me money for Christmas, and I'm pretty sure he'd want me to spend it on something I really want. Plus...I can run the damn thing and, maybe, have friends—and a social life!—again! Yay!

Wow…four thoughts just crossed my mind in rapid succession:
  1. I am a major fucking dork;
  2. Should I worry that, possibly, some of my future students might become part of my gaming group?
  3. I am seriously a major fucking dork;
  4. I honestly don't care!
I am everso happy right now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, a list of comments:
1. Nerdvana is my new favorite word, and I am stealing it.
2. No, I don't use a knife and fork to eat chicken wings, but I may try that. I eat everything really slowly. But no one has ever timed me before.
3. My brother would love a place like that gaming joint, he is totally into stuff like that. I'll have to see if there is one in Tally - I'd never heard of them before now.
4. No real four, I just like balance.

Anonymous said...

Sooo is that the PDF version or a real book?
How is that campaign setting? I have heard nothing about it. But it's monte so it should be interesting.

Anywho I just started downloading it and all the supplements so if you need them I will burn them when I get off my ass and burn the wotc collection for you too. You think I could get that done for Christmas huh?

I found A mini I might be able to mod.
http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/mercenariesu/14021_G

Try to rip the scabbard off, switch out the weapon.

Or this sexy bastard,
http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=633&ref=UKMESP01&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=22&tri=0&marq=0
I could mod the blade and add one.

God, I posted on a blog site.

John said...

Ombra:
As much as I would like to take credit for it, I did not invent the word nerdvana, but stole it myself. So, feel free. Also, I'm sure that there is a gaming store that provides gaming space in Tallahassee.

Chris:
This is the real, honest-to-god hardcover copy of Ptolus, and it is huge! So far, I'm liking it. Monte took a good approach and packed it with detail that's actually flexible and useful, as opposed to being restrictive and, hence, annoying.

I'm unable to get the first URL to come up (get some weird error...) but you're right, that second mini is awesome!

And, yes, you've posted to a blog site. It's like a Christmas miracle!

Anonymous said...

Well the other mini pales in comparison. Of course Rackham does excellent sculpts, to bad about the French thing  I have a “spare” one. It has a choice of backpack or a 2 crossed scabbard combo for the short swords. I figure you would want the backpack and a dagger in the fist hand?

Is that game a whole new system or standards d20? It looks like it has some modern elements to it. Will you be running an online game? :)

Did you ever hear from MCG?